New Zealand's South IslandBook - 2016
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze upon the spectacular ice flows of Fox Glacier, commune with marine life at Kaikoura, and relive your adventures over dinner in Queenstown; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's South Island and begin your journey now!
- Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand South Island:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, music, M?ori language and culture, wildlife, cuisine, wine, landscapes, politics, literature, cinema.
- Free, convenient pull-out New Zealand Touring sheet-map (included in print version), plus over 55 maps
- Covers Marlborough, Nelson, West Coast, Christchurch, Canterbury, Dunedi, Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Fiordland, Southland and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's South Island, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Also check out Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet New Zealand for a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Sarah Bennett, Peter Dragicevich, Lee Slater.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze upon the spectacular ice flows of Fox Glacier, commune with marine life at Kaikoura, and relive your adventures over dinner in Queenstown; all with your trusted travel companion.