Discover ParisBook - 2015
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Paris is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Blend in with the Parisians among the chestnut groves of Jardin du Luxembourg, ride the funicular up to the white-domed majesty of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, or have a romantic rendezvous with French art at the Musee Rodin; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Paris and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Paris:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, architecture, politics, wine, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Day Trips, and Family Travel
- Coverage of the Eiffel Tower, Western Paris, Champs-Elysees, Grands Boulevards, Louvre, Les Halles, Montmartre, Northern Paris, Le Marais, Bastille, The Islands, Latin Quarter, St-Germain, Les Invalides, Montparnasse, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Paris, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those seeking the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of the city's neighbourhoods? Check outLonely Planet's Paris guide. Or check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Paris, a handy sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's France guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover France,a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Catherine Le Nevez, Christopher Pitts, and Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Since in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Lonely Planet Discover Paris is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover the best of Paris and begin your journey now!
Baker & Taylor
Provides information on historical sites and attractions along with recommendations for hotels, restaurants, walking tours, transportation, shopping, and entertainment in Paris.