How to Develop your Child's Language Skills From Birth to Age FourBook - 2014
Give your child the gift of conversation with Small Talk!
You are your child's most valuable resource when it comes to learning to talk. In Small Talk, speech and language therapist Nicola Lathey and parenting journalist Tracey Blake demystify the six stages of language learning, from "Pre-Babble" to "Complete Sentences," so you can tune in to what your child is saying—or trying to say! You'll also learn:
• Why the babbling stage is so important
• How to encourage your baby's first words
• Communication techniques to calm your toddler’s tantrums
• The truth about pacifiers, baby signing,and the impact of TV on language development
• Causes for concern and where to turn for help.
Written by experts who are also parents of young children, Small Talk helps you to give your child the best head start by encouraging language and vocabulary development early on. Simply set aside as few as 10 minutes for Small Talk Time every day. With 50 games and activities to choose from, it’s time to start Small Talking!
Baker & Taylor
Analyzes the six stages of language learning in children and discusses how to encourage babbling, develop verbal communication, and recognize when there is cause for concern that skills may not be developing properly.