Access 2013Book - 2013
Presents a guide to the latest version of the database management application, covering such topics as creating databases and tables, setting up queries, producing reports, building forms, and using macros.
Make the most of Access 2013—without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to master Access and use it to build powerful, useful databases of all kinds—even web application databases! Even if you’ve never used Access before, you’ll learn how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Access has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple Access® 2013 could be? This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to using Microsoft’s incredibly powerful new Access 2013 database program… simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really
want to do! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Create tables to efficiently store and navigate your data
• Build queries that retrieve exactly the information you want
• Design intuitive forms that help your users work more efficiently
• Build reports that answer key questions intuitively and visually
• Learn easy techniques for designing more reliable databases
• Work faster with AutoForms, AutoReports, and other shortcuts
• Automate repetitive tasks and build more polished databases with macros
• Share Access data with Excel, SQL Server, and other applications
• Solve complex problems with advanced query, form, and reporting techniques
• Build modern web databases that serve users through browsers
• Run your database on the cloud through Microsoft Office 365
• Construct a complete database application from start to finish
• And much more…
Alison Balter, President of InfoTech Services Group, Inc., has spent 25 years training and consulting on Microsoft Access and related applications with top organizations such as Cisco, Shell, Accenture, Northrop, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Prudential, Transamerica, Fox Broadcasting, and the U.S. Navy. She travels throughout North America delivering seminars on Access and has authored 14 books and videos for Pearson, includingMicrosoft Access 2010 LiveLessons and Alison Balter’s Mastering Access 2007 Development. She is past president of the Independent Computer Consultants Association of Los Angeles.
Covers: Microsoft® Access® 2013
User Level: Beginning
No experience is necessary for this Access tutorial; readers need only be familiar with the personal computer. Step-by-step instructions, checklists, objectives, key points, and b&w screenshots explain basics of tables, queries, forms, and reports, then progress to advanced macro techniques, sharing data with other applications, and working with web databases. Author Balter has written many books on computing. Annotation ©2013 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)