Discover BarcelonaBook - 2013
Lonely Planet Discover Barcelona is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll along La Rambla past colourful flower stands, enjoy the whimsy of Gaudi'sarchitectural details, or spend an evening sampling Spanish tapas at an outdoor cafe.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Barcelona is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll along La Rambla past colourful flower stands, enjoy the whimsy of Gaudi's architectural details, or spend an evening sampling Spanish tapas at an outdoor cafe; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Barcelona and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Barcelona:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, modern art, architecture, politics, sports, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Barcelona map (included in print version), plus over 20 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of La Rambla, Barri Gotic, El Raval, La Rivera, Barceloneta, The Waterfront, La Sagrada Familia, L'Eixample, Montjuic, Park Guell, La Zona Alta, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Barcelona, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of the city's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Barcelona guide. Or check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Barcelona, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Spain guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Spain, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Vesna Maric, and Anna Kaminski.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)