Hello! PythonBook - 2012
This beginner's guide to Python provides new programmers and readers just learning to program with a clear, project driven explanation of core concepts and practices of this popular computer programming language. Each chapter presents a sample application and concepts build on each other to introduce more advanced topics. Chapters include numerous code examples and access to additional online resources and support is provided. Briggs is a Python programmer and educator. Distributed in the US and Canada by O'Reilly. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
Hello! Python fully covers the building blocks of Python programming and gives you a gentle introduction to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming, functional programming, network programming, and program design. New (or nearly new) programmers will learn most of what they need to know to start using Python immediately.About this Book
Programmers love Python because it's fast and efficient. Shouldn't learning Python be just the same? Hello! Python starts quickly and simply, with a line of Python code. You'll learn the basics the right way--by writing your own programs. Along the way, you'll get a gentle introduction to more advanced concepts and new programming styles.>
No experience with Python needed. Exposure to another programming language is helpful but not required.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.What Makes Hello! Python special
- Learn Python fast Even if you've never written a line of code before, you'll be writing real Python apps in just an hour or two.
- Great examples There's something new in every chapter, including games, web programming with Django, databases, and more.
- User Friendly guides Using lots of illustrations and a down-to-earth writing style, this book invites you to explore Python along with half-a-dozen traveling companions from the User Friendly cartoon strip.
==========================================Table of Contents
- Why Python?
- Hunt the Wumpus
- Interacting with theWorld
- Getting Organized
- Business-Oriented Programming
- Classes and Object-oriented Programming
- Sufficiently Advanced Technology
- Gaming with Pyglet
- Twisted Networking
- Django Revisted!
- Where to from Here?