The TAB Guide to DIY Welding
Hands-on Projects for Hobbyists, Handymen, and ArtistsBook - 2013
Explains how to use metal inert gas welding to create useful objects and artistic projects, featuring step-by-step instructions, explanations, examples, and projects.
GET STARTED WITH METAL INERT GAS (MIG) WELDING!
A practical guide with step-by-step instructions and hands-on projects for newcomers to metalwork and MIG welding
The TAB Guide to DIY Welding shows you how to get started with MIG welding and metalworking. Inside, you'll find illustrated step-by-step instructions formaking useful objects for around the home, as well as fun artistic projects. This easy-to-follow book takes you through setting up a metalworking studio, finding local resources for materials, and the safe operation of metal studio tools.
Everything you need to know about MIG welding is here in one handy resource.
You'll learn what steel is made of and the principles behind electrical welding. Then you'll learn how to acquire new steel, how to interface with steel suppliers,and how to find your own salvaged steel. After the basic principles of metalworking, hand and power tools arecovered--and they're put to use through hands-on projects that allow you to develop new welding skills and establishbuilding blocks for future tasks. By the end of the book, you’ll be able to create successful metal projects on your own, like a pro!
- Illustrated instructions with photos and drawings provide step-by-step procedures and clear explanations
- Projects include useful items for around your home andgarden, including a log holder, plant stands and tables, arolling garden cart, and a barbeque grill
- Easy-to-follow examples and explanations for beginningartists, DIYers, and hobbyists
- Expert advice from an experienced teacher of MIGwelding courses
- Course supplement for classroom and shop instruction
- A list of online and local resources to help beginningmetalworkers access a metalworking community