The Missing ManualBook - 2011
Looks at the features and functions of the iPad2, covering such topics as accessing the Internet, setting up an email account, using built-in apps, playing games, using iTunes, watching videos, and syncing with MobileMe.
Biersdorfer, an author of technology guides and columns, provides a manual to the features of the iPad 2. She covers the basics and shortcuts, getting online, email, using built-in apps and buying apps, iBooks and periodicals, games, iWork, organizing media files with iTunes, watching and editing videos, editing and managing photos, syncing with MobileMe, and troubleshooting and care, with step-by-step instructions and screen shots. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
The iPad is an amazing media device, once you really know how to use it. In this entertaining book, New York Times tech columnist and iPad expert Jude Biersdorfer shows you how to get the most out of this sleek tablet to surf the Web, send and receive email, watch movies and TV shows, read eBooks, listen to music, play games, and even do a little iWork. It's the book that should have been in the box.
The important stuff you need to know
- Learn undocumented tips and tricks. Get the lowdown on cool iPad secrets
- Build and play your media library. Fill up your iPad with music, movies, TV shows, eBooks, photos, music videos, audiobooks, and podcasts
- Get online. Connect through Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi+3G—on both GSM and CDMA networks
- Discover state-of-the-art e-reading. Buy and read books and magazines in full color
- Consolidate your email accounts. Read email from your personal and work accounts
- Shop iTunes and the App Store. Navigate Apple's media emporiums, and learn how to get free music, video, books, and apps