A Manual for the Married and the Coupled upBook - 2012
Following a unique format perfect for today's world, the renowned author of The Dance of Anger gives us just over 100 rules that cover all the hot spots in long-term relationships.
Marriage Rules offers new solutions to age-old problems ("He won't talk"/"She doesn't want sex") as well as modern ones (your partner's relationship to technology.) You'll also learn how to:
- Calm things down and warm them up
- Talk straight and fight fair
- Listen well as a spiritual practice
- Connect with a distant partner
- Survive the unique challenges of children, stepchildren and difficult- laws
- Follow a 12-step program to overcome defensiveness
- Know how and when to draw the line
- Take back your marriage when things fall apart
Marriage Rules is a treasure chest of lively, practical advice to help you navigate your couple relationship with clarity, courage, and joyous conviction. If one person in a couple follows ten rules of his or her choice, it will generate a major, positive change. All that's required is a genuine wish for a better relationship and a willingness to practice.
Baker & Taylor
Presents advice to married couples for maintaining a healthy, respectful, sane, and satisfying relationship with the help of short, easy-to-remember rules for different subjects and situations.
The best-selling author of The Dance of Anger builds on the style of Michael Pollan's Food Rules to outline more than 100 practices for navigating challenges in long-term relationships, providing coverage of such topics as communication, technology distractions and working with special circumstances.