Type 1 Diabetes for DummiesBook - 2008
Whether you have been living with type 1 diabetes for some time, or you have just discovered that your child is diabetic, there’s a lot you need to know about the new developments in treating, controlling, and living with this disease. Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies, explains everything you need to know and do to make living with type 1 diabetes easier and healthier.
This reassuring, plain-English guide helps you understand and mange the disease with tips on working with your doctor, administering insulin, developing a diet an exercise plan, and coping with illness and travel. You’ll find out about the latest technologies of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery, and get a handle on everything you need to do to keep yourself or your child healthy, active, and feeling good. Discover how to:
- Overcome short-term complications
- Eat a diabetes-friendly diet
- Use exercise to help control type 1 diabetes
- Handle school, work, and other activities
- Help your child maintain a high quality of life
- Prevent long-term complications
- Be healthier than your friends who don’t have diabetes
- Deal with the emotional and psychological effects of the disease
- Choose an insulin pump for yourself or your child
- Calculate insulin dosages
Anyone can live a long, healthy, and productive life with type 1 diabetes. Small Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies delivers every drop of information you need to make sure that you or your child can do just that.
Baker & Taylor
Discusses the causes and symptoms of Type 1 diabetes, covers the latest in blood monitoring and insulin delivery technology, and offers advice on how to use diet and exercise to sustain healthy glucose levels and how to enjoy a normal, active lifestyle while maintaining good health.
A definitive resource on Type 1 diabetes discusses the causes and symptoms of this common ailment, covers the latest in blood monitoring and insulin delivery technology, and offers helpful advice on how to use diet and exercise to sustain healthy glucose levels and how to enjoy a normal, active lifestyle while maintaining good health. Original.