Scrapbooking for DummiesBook - 2004
Scrapbooking is sweeping the nation! This hot hobby is a fantastic way to preserve your memories and family history—and have a lot of fun doing it. Now, here’s an easy-to-follow guide that will have you creating great scrapbook projects in no time.
Scrapbooking For Dummies is perfect for you if you’re a new scrapbooker who wants to create your own personal scrapbook (or who would like to make a special scrapbook for a friend or loved one) or if you’re already an avid scrapbooker who’s looking for helpful tips and new ideas. This friendly guide takes the guesswork out of creating well-designed albums. You’ll discover how to:
- Organize your photographs and memorabilia
- Assemble the right tools and materials
- Research your personal history and tell your story
- Design attractive, foolproof page layouts
- Network with other scrapbookers
This plain-English guide features clear, close-up photographs and sketches that illustrate just what you want to know about scrapbooking tools and techniques. You’ll learn about the different styles of scrapbooking, how to create unity in your albums, and how to take better pictures (including advice on digital photography). You receive hands-on guidance every step of the way as you:
- Choose a theme or occasion
- Crop and mount photographs
- Accessorize with stickers, stamps, and more
- Enhance your albums through journaling
- Avoid costly, time-consuming mistakes
- Take proper care of photographs and negatives
- Extend the life of your old photos
Complete with ten great scrapbooking projects and a list of online resources, Scrapbooking For Dummies gives you the tools you need to create beautiful albums to share with family and friends—and pass on to future generations!
Baker & Taylor
Explains how to assemble photographs, clippings, and other memorabilia into a homemade scrapbook and offers ideas for borders, layouts, and themes.