How to Design and Build your Ideal WoodshopBook - 2001
Turn your vision of the perfect woodshop into reality!
Picture your ideal woodshop: tools neatly stored within the reach, plenty of space for lumber and materials, ample ventilation, lighting and electrical outlets. Everything you need, exactly the way you want it.
Whether your woodshop is in the garage, basement, outbuilding, attic or even a closet, you can make the most of your space and bring your ideal woodshop to life. The invaluable advice, layouts and planning tips inside show you how.
From space management and tool setup to noise reduction and dust control, Bill Stankus covers every subject in detail. He takes a logical approach to woodshop organization, showing you dozens of ways to achieve optimum efficiency for less time and money. In this completely revised edition, you'll learn how to:
- Plan your ideal woodshop--everything from lumber storage and ventilation to dust collection and lighting
- Avoid potential mistakes and injuries with safety-first checklists
- Make your woodshop environment comfortable and cozy
- Maximize space with ideas for building mobile storage units and workstations
- Create useful storage space and the perfect workbench
- Customize your woodshop, while considering layout and budget issues
Seven examples of actual "ideal" workshops, with insights and ideas from the woodworkers who designed them, help illustrate every guideline and tip.
You can begin transforming the space you've got into the shop you dream about--quickly, practically and effectively.